Here is a question that was posed on Quora that I thought it was important to answer. I get questions like this and believe it is vital to ask your mentor focused questions.
What are some effective questions you have asked your mentor?
1. What is a significant failure you've had that has changed your work or your personal life?
2. If you were in my place, given the age and life experience you are aware I have, what decision or direction would take in my position?
3. Who do you personally study, learn from, and use as your muse for your guidance or education?
4. What is your routine from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed?
5. What is the best way to learn from you?
These questions are essential to your growth and will solicit genuine responses from your mentor. It's important to know your mentor's failures, their consideration of where you are in life and where you would best serve yourself and others, who the mentor studies for their own growth, the routine they have that has led them to their success, and how you can best digest and apply their lessons to your life.
This is a short list, but I deconstructed my long list to the most necessary. If you would like to follow me on Quora CLICK HERE.
www.johntoma.com | facebook.com/johnktoma