According to several sources, if your phone gets wet, these are the best steps to take in order to salvage your phone. These are not guaranteed to work, but they are great steps to ensure your phone will have a greater chance of survival.
1. Turn the phone off. Don't try to test if it still functions, even if that is your instinct. Turn it off and follow the next step.
2. Gather paper towels or dry cloth to set your phone and parts on.
3. Remove the covers, cases, and SIM cards.
4. Avoid moving the phone too much if you can help it so not to spread the water if it has entered your phone.
5. Dry your phone with a towel or dry cloth. Use q-tips to get into any tight areas.
6. DON'T use a blow dryer. If using a small vacuum try not to press it up against your phone.
7. Place your phone in a bowl of rice, rice krispies - materials that will draw out the water or moister. Rotate every hour if possible for a few hours.
8. Test your phone after 18-24 hrs.
9. Buy a waterproof case!
1. So your iPhone just got really wet. What do you do?, Yahoo Tech
2. Save A Wet Cell Phone, WikiHow
3. How to Dry a Wet Phone, PCadvisor.co.uk
Please share this article on your social networks to show your support. Thank you!
Website Templates & Sharing